If you want to improve your violin technique then this tutorial is for you. This violin lesson teaches you to play an advanced thirds exercise. This exercise, based on the Yost system, is designed to increase your familiarity and comfort in all positions, develop confidence and accuracy in all positions, develop an understanding of what to listen for while shifting, and improve your ear training and overall intonation. When practicing this exercise you should relax your fingers, hand and wrist; move arm first from the biceps to the new position dragging the hand and the finger, gliding on top of the string, never pushing forward with the fingers; tune with the biceps before putting finger down; get the 1st finger in tune so the 3rd finger will tune itself; always lift and drop 1st and 3rd fingers at the same time; know what position you're in at all times and say it out loud before you go; press on lower string more with the bow and keep bow close to the bridge. These steps will make this violin exercise easier and more effective. With this how to video you will be able to play an advanced thirds exercise on the violin.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades