Sautillé is french for jumping. This how to video teaches you the Sautillé bowing technique on the violin. You should repeat each note 8 times. Find the "sweet spot" where the bow bounces by itself. The stick bounces but the hair never leaves the string. Your hand has to be thrown by the big muscles (biceps and triceps). If it is not working try these three ways to fix it. Hold the bow with the index and ring finger (and the thumb) and throw the bow. Lower your shoulder and raise the elbow slightly, 3-4 inches. Make sure your motion is up and down and not sideways. You may be in the wrong spot for the speed you are attempting. Try changing the speed or the spot of the bow. Start on the string in the middle of the bow. Keep bow hair flat. Let the hand be floppy thrown by the biceps and triceps. Find the "sweet spot" by moving the bow up or down by 1/2 inch segments. Work on getting a consistent sound and then for endurance. Elbow higher and wrist lower. With this tutorial you will be able to do the Sautillé bowing technique on violin.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades